Friday, February 20, 2009

Lucy's 1st Birthday!!

WOW, it's a little unreal that Lucy's one, and it's crazy to think how fast this year has went. Well, I think it's went fast, C.F. does not! Her first year has a been a blur, much more than Beau's was. I was relieved when Beau turned one, almost like we crossed a finish line. That may seem awful, but the first 2-3 months of his life, I really struggled. He was a great baby, I was the mess. I had some postpartum at first, then just dealing with the constant feedings, constant care....it's was like someone needed to inform me I was having a baby...duh. But, with Lucy, I knew how fast it was gonna go. I was able take a breath and relax with her, which I didn't do with Beau.
It just seems like Lucy has always been here. After we had Beau, C.F. and would frequently comment how boring how life was without him. Then, after Lucy was born, we felt the same way all over again.
I can't describe how I feel about her without sounding quirky. But, she truly is wonderful, and sweet, and a bit feisty at times.
I love having her - I love having this girl!!


She's waiting so patiently for Beau to bring her present to her.

Since her party isn't till Saturday, we wanted her to have something on her actual birthday

Beau is such a good little helper. He helped me paint these lanterns for the party.

No comments: