Monday, May 19, 2014

Heart Prayer



" ...The earnest (heartfelt, continued prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]." James 5:16


If there's one thing I've learned about prayer these past 12 years, it would be: heartfelt, Holy Ghost, scriptural praying is the way to go. You say, "Well, duh...That's pretty obvious." But, for a lot of people, that kind of praying just doesn't happen. And I was one of those people.

There was a time in my life (specifically in my early twenties) that prayer was hard, it was drudgery, and it was dry. No matter what I did, I just couldn't seem to get passed it. I would hear others talk about how they prayed for this nation, and they were prompted to pray for this person and prayed it through and got the victory. Don't get me wrong, I had times when I would sense the presence of God and things would start to flow. But, the everyday, entering into his presence seemed so far out there for me. My heart wanted that, and I longed for it. Something on the inside of me (praise God) wouldn't let me quit until I got there.

Praise God for anointed, praying women like Billye Brim, Patsy Cameneti, Lynne Hammond and Terri Pearsons - who have taught me so much. The Lord led me to their ministries, and for the past 12 or so years, I have listened and listened and listened, then I listened some more. I learned so much from just watching these women flow in the Holy Ghost. Did you know you can learn by watching someone flow with the Holy Ghost? Well, you can. Brother Hagin would say this often: "Prayer is better caught than taught." Although teaching is very important. I spend most of my time teaching when we have our prayer meetings, but he understood that you can learn just as well by demonstration.

What I appreciated most about hooking up with these ladies ministries, is they were faithful to teach then demonstrate. It was the very thing that I needed for me to develop an ever-flowing prayer life before the Father. It has also helped me lead prayer in my church. Once I learned how to flow with the Holy Ghost (and I'm still learning), that's when things got exciting got me.

One time during worship the Lord spoke this to me: "Take me by the hand and I'll take you places you've never dreamed before." I knew what He meant when he spoke that - He was referring to prayer. And, if I would've known then what I know now, I would've ran around that church with such excitement.

Ephesians 2:6 "And Christ has raised US up together and made us sit together in heavenly places." Praise God! That's a redemptive work of Christ that he did in us: made us to sit in the heavenlies with him. Woohoo... And when this becomes a revelation to you, it will change the way you pray. Actually what it does is, when you learn to take your place, you will start to see things from His point of view. You'll pray from a raised-up position, not this broke down, low position. It's a victorious place! Isn't that exciting? You want to know something else that's exciting? God is no respecter of persons. If He'll take me places I've never dreamed before, he'll do the same for you.

Glory to God!

No comments: